Our Favorite Pea Protein Smoothie Recipe by Naked Nutrition
Naked Nutrition is taking the health world by storm! Their entire vision, as a company, is to support all their patrons' fitness and health goals by providing them with the highest-quality supplements and the most responsibly- and thoughtfully-sourced ingredients. Not to mention Naked Nutrition wants as few ingredients as possible! (I love this.) Naked Nutrition's transparency in every aspect of their business is a reputation that precedes them. They want all of us to know exactly what we are putting into our bodies. And, hey, if you can't pronounce it...maybe stay away from it, ya dig?! That is why their motto is "Nutrition With Nothing to Hide."
We love Naked Nutrition! And through them, we have delved deeply into the pea protein subculture, haha. No, but seriously, we have fallen in love with Naked Nutrition's pea protein. In particular, a smoothie I would literally buy as a dessert, regardless of its health-related components. (100% not kidding.)
Maybe you are wondering what the big deal is with pea protein, anyway? How do I even eat this stuff? Ha ha, well, we got you. Finding ways to incorporate pea protein (or anything new, for that matter) into your daily diet can sometimes be tricky. Not to worry! We have found, as I mentioned above, a pea protein smoothie recipe that will straight knock your socks off and leave you with zero guilt, better health, and wanting more! Legit. Now, keep reading for more education and all the deets to this delectable treat.
What Is Pea Protein?
You may first be wondering: "Are you talking about "pea," as in the little spherical veggies?" Absolutely, we are. We all know (or should know, ha ha) that protein is the building blocks for food. It is comprised of amino acids that give food its structure. And, well, it just so happens that yellow peas have an abundance of protein that is potentially more digestible by the human body than other popular forms of protein supplements. Pound for pound, it is one of the best vehicles for protein intake around, and that is one of the reasons it has shot to so much viral popularity in recent years.
What Are the Benefits of Pea Protein?
Why are people hitting the pea protein so hard lately? Is it just the new fad in health? Or is there good reason behind its new-found popularity? The latter, for sure. Here are just a few bullet points, but believe me, there are an innumerable amount of benefits to making pea protein part of your daily nutrition regimen.
- Digestible: We touched on this above, but pea protein is one of the most digestible forms of protein that is out there, folks. It will not leave you feeling as heavy as other protein supplements but, rather, ready to go crush the world when you finish eating it!
- Hypoallergenic: Another reason pea protein is taking the world by storm is that it fits into many dietary restrictions that people have. Pea protein is gluten-free! It is also lactose-free! Def. a preferred protein supplement to those people out there who want to avoid gluten and lactose, due to allergies or just because of their general dietary preferences.
- Iron: Pea protein is extremely rich in iron. This is a slept-on benefit to pea protein, to be honest. In the past several years, iron deficiency has become more prevalent in most age demographics. Without getting into the weeds on that topic, it is nice to know that pea protein has a high density of iron to make sure you get a healthy dose of this incredibly essential nutrient!
- Taste: The taste in many protein supplement alternatives can be a turn-off to many people. You will not have that experience with pea protein. Its taste is mild and almost neutral, according to many. Makes it great for smoothies, as you will taste the other yummy ingredients you put it in without having to worry about the pea protein's flavors overwhelming things!
- Texture: Texture is a big deal to most people when they are eating. And, in the same proverbial vein as the taste aspect, we love the texture of pea protein, as it instead of being a dairy-based protein supplement (i.e., whey, etc.) and getting turning into a "sludge" of sorts, the pea protein absorbs the liquid in your shake and makes it super creamy and enjoyable to consume.
- Vegan: That is right, and I am pretty sure you had already guessed this, as it is a vegetable, after all. But pea protein is a vegan supplement! It fits into nearly any dietary restrictions or lifestyle you may have. The unifying protein supplement: pea protein! Ha ha.
Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Smoothie Recipe
Okay, with that said, who is ready for the tastiest treat of all time?! Now, we all know that this is healthy and is going to make life, in general, far better for our bodies and overall well being, but I am telling you that this is one of the best desserts I have ever had in my entire life. And it is super easy to make, y'all! Grab the ol' blender, add the below ingredients, and pulverize them into creamy awesomeness!
- ½ Scoop of Rice Protein Powder
- 1 Scoop of Pea Protein
- 1 Teaspoon of Maca
- 1 Tablespoon of Cacao
- 1 Tablespoon of (Smooth) Peanut Butter
- Ice and Almond Milk (to Taste)
Naked Nutrition + Vegan Peanut Butter Cup Smoothies
We love what Naked Nutrition is doing for the world. They keep nutrition simple, which it should be. No confusing ingredients. No BS. Straight-up nutrition that literally improves your health. Furthermore, taking it one step beyond that, we love pea protein in a big kind of way. And after trying Naked Nutrition's several different pea protein smoothie recipes (all of which are dope), we found one that stuck out beyond the context of a "healthy protein smoothie" and more accurately fit into the "OMG, this is an amazing smoothie" category...and just happens, by pure coincidence, to be extremely good for your body and your physical health. We highly suggest giving it a try as soon as humanly possible. (And here's a pro tip when you go get ready to buy the ingredients, we have a Naked Nutrition coupon code that will save some of your hard-earned money!) Enjoy the delicious smoothie and all the incoming good health you will experience with Naked Nutrition products! Cheers!